Care and Maintenance
Your granite countertops will look beautiful for years to come if you follow a few simple steps for care and maintenance.
On a daily basis, clean your counters with mild hand soap and warm water and then wipe them off with a clean cloth. For a specific granite cleaner, we recommend using Stonetech Revitalizer by DuPont. This will cut through grease and dirt while adding sealer back into your counters. We carry a full line of Stonetech cleaners and sealers at our showroom.
All countertops fabricated by American Marble & Granite are sealed prior to installation. After 3-5 years, you may want to completely re-seal your granite counters. This is a very simple process that you can complete yourself. Again, we recommend using a quality sealer such as Stonetech Impregnator Pro by DuPont. Here are few simple steps:
- Start by clearing off your counters and give them a good cleaning with soap and water or Stonetech Revitalizer.
- Spray the stone sealer on the surface of the granite. Apply generously to make sure and penetrate the stone.
- Wait about 10 minutes and then wipe off the excess with a clean, dry cloth.
- If you find some hazy spots, pour a small amount of sealant onto a clean cloth and wipe off the haze.
- In high use areas such as around a sink, you may want to repeat the application another time.
Your counters are now sealed!