Care and Maintenance
Your granite countertops will look beautiful for years to come if you follow a few simple steps for care and maintenance.
Clean your counters daily with mild hand soap and warm water and then wipe them off with a clean cloth. For a specific granite cleaner, we recommend using Stonetech Revitalizer by DuPont available in our showroom.
All countertops fabricated by American Marble & Granite are sealed before installation. After 3-5 years, you may want to completely re-seal your granite counters. This is easy to do with Stonetech Impregnator Pro by DuPont. Here are a few simple steps:
- Clear and clean your counters with soap and water or Stonetech Revitalizer.
- Spray the stone sealer generously on the surface of the granite ensuring it penetrates the stone.
- After 10 minutes, wipe off the excess with a clean, dry cloth.
- If you find some hazy spots, pour a small amount of sealant onto a clean cloth and wipe off the haze.
- In high use areas such as around a sink, you may want to repeat the application.
Your counters are now sealed!